maanantai 12. tammikuuta 2015

Joulu / Christmas


Kihisin oikein odotuksesta  ja innosta 19. päivä joulukuuta, sillä tiesin puolitoista viikkoisen joululoman alkavan ihan niillä näppäimillä. Joululahjojen ostamisen olin jättänyt muutamaa löytöä vaille viime tippaan, joten viimeiset päivät kuluivat töiden lisäksi ihmistungoksissa ihmetellen.

I was so very excited and waiting at 19th of December, because I knew that my nine day Christmas holiday would start in any minute. I had left buying presents to last minute also, so for the few last days I spent not only working but also shopping in really crowded stores.


Hyökkäsin ensin pariksi päivää sukulaisiin siivoilemaan sekä nauttimaan ylläpidosta ennen joulunpyhiä.

First weekend I went to clean and spend some time at my relatives place for few days before the Christmas week.


Maanantaina siirryimme Mursun kotikonnuille henkisesti lepoilemaan sekä viettelemään viikon aktiivilomaa kaukana kaikesta. Ohjelmassa oli muun muassa moottorikelkkailua, laavuilua, potkukelkkailua, umpihankijalkapalloa, treeniksellä istuskelua sekä koko sen puolen sukukaartin tapaaminen ensimmäistä kertaa. Tuli kerrankin enempi kyllä jouluna liikuttua kuin syötyä.

On Monday me and Walrus traveled to his hometown to mentally rest and to spend one weeks active holiday far away from everything. We drove snow mobiles, hanged at a lean-to, went to kick-sledging, played football at unbroken snow, hanged at their bands rehearsal place and I met his whole family and relatives for the first time. For a change I moved more than I ate during Christmas.





Suurin osa viikosta kului kohtuullisen meikittömänä, savunhajuisena, karvalakki päässä toppavaatteissa sekä yli parinkymmenen asteen pakkasista nautiskellen.  Hermo lepäsi eikä ollut kiirus mihinkään. En pysynyt ihan niin tiukkana kuin olisin halunnut, vaan sorruin muutamiin työyhteydenottoihin vastailemaan loman aikana, maltillisesti kuitenkin.

I spent most of the week without make-up, smelling like smoke, wearing my furry cap and winter outfit and enjoying the over -20 degrees of freeze. I took it easy and we had no hurry to anywhere. I didn't unfortunately stayed as strong as I wanted to and I answered some of my work emails during the holiday.




Mursu ravistelee paketteja jouluaattoaamuna. / Walrus is checking the presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

Few days before I started my holiday I saw this article (picture on the right) that said: "To have a happy life it is enough to have decent living, the feeling of belonging in to a certain type of group and to know who you are and accept yourself on that way. He also reminded about the importance of love and that a people feel better if they convince themselves about the fact that they are working on something that advances the commonweal."

Olin ollut ilmeisesti kilttinä, sillä sain mukavan määrän joululahjoja. Muun muassa Lupaus-elokuvan, karvalakin, käsintehtyä saippuaa, Eläkeläiset-keittiöessun sekä suklaata. Päällimmäisenä mieleen jäi kuitenkin ystäväni minulle ostama "Huolisyöppö", jonka harteille voi kasata huoleet, murheet ja kiukut. Tarpeellisin lahja oli kyllä Mursun minulle hankkima neonvihreä Zippo, johon on kaiverrettu nimeni. Ovela lahja joka on käytössä monta kertaa päivässä, sekä joka kerta kun otan Zipon käteeni, mietin Mursua.

I got quite a nice amount of gifts so apparently I had been nice last year. For example I got a movie called Lupaus, a furry cap, handmade soap, Eläkeläiset band's kitchen apron and chocolate. On the top of my mind is my friends gift which was very suitable for me. I got a "worry eater" which is a plush toy that is suppose to eat your worry, sorrow and anger. The most useful gift I got was a neon green Zippo lighter that Walrus bought me and it also has my named carved on it. It is really a clever gift, because I use it several times a day and every time I have it in my hands, I think about him.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti